ACCC Impact Forum
ACCC Climate Change- Air Quality – Society Forum
ACCC and the Climate Leadership Coalition (CLC) will host its first in a series of webinars.
Webinar topic: Climate interactions in forestry and land use
The main outcomes of the seminar is to establish and strengthen the connections between ACCC, CLC and the EU units preparing the strategies and policies aiming to meet the Paris Agreement goals and, in this context, increase science-based understanding of the climate interactions and carbon cycle in forestry and land use sector for EU strategies and policies.
Host: Atmosphere and Climate Competence Center (ACCC) together with the Climate Leadership Coalition (CLC)
Time: 16March 2021 at 16:00-17:30
Audience: CLC and ACCC member representatives & participants from speaker organizations
- Opening words, Anneli Pauli,Professor of Practice (Global Grand Challenges), ACCC and Jouni Keronen, CEO, CLC
- EU policy on carbon sequestration in forestry and land use, Christian Holzleitner, Head of Unit CLIMA.C. 3, DG Clima, EU Commission
- Sustainability matters and role of forests in the land use sector, Seppo Parvi, Chief Financial Officer and Deputy to the CEO, Stora Enso,and chairman of the Board Metsäteollisuus ry
- Addressing climate change and deteriorating air quality: introducing ACCC Flagship, Markku Kulmala, Director, Atmosphere and Climate Competence Center (ACCC)
- Concluding words, Anneli Pauli, ACCC and Jouni Keronen, CLC